Commercial Facilities Company (CFC) was established in 1977 as the first Kuwaiti shareholding company specialized in providing installment credit facilities to finance consumer and commercial products. The main services provided by CFC are:
- Financing new and used cars
- Financing boats and marine equipment
- Financing furniture and electrical appliances
- Financing basic construction materials
- Granting personal cash loans
- Granting Commercial loans
CFC was later listed in Kuwait Stock Exchange in 1982. CFC was also chosen to be one of the first companies in the Kuwaiti government's privatization program. In September 1994, the Kuwait Investment Authority sold 47% of the company's issued shares to the private sector.
During 36 years of operation, the CFC successfully amplified its consumer loans portfolio achieving 262.8 million KD (939 million US dollars) as of 31/12/2012.